10 things about Robbe & Berking silver-plated flatware that will make you say whaaaaaat?
The modest family business started in 1874 by silver smith Nicolaus Christoph Berking and is now the ultimate name in fine silverware around the world. Lead by fifth generation, Oliver Berking, this family affair is ready for a new century. Here is why you need to have Robbe & Berking on your table now.
- Silver flatware can be put into the dishwasher. Oh yes. Use a mild detergent on gentle cycle, refrain from adding any other metals to the mix and see how easy silver plated flatware can be to maintain.
- Every piece of your Robbe & Berking set is carefully handcrafted on site in Germany. Each fork is delicately hand polished in between the tines.
- The knife blade is unique in every R & B setting, making your pattern truly one of a kind. The blades are made of a high carbon steel and will last a lifetime.
- According to Hollywood magazine, Nicki Menaj drives the re-launched Mercedes Maybach complete with sterling flute champagne glasses furnished by Robbe & Berking.
- If you choose to buy Robbe & Berking flatware you will be in the company of the Sultan of Oman who just commissioned R & B to craft bespoke flatware for his luxury yacht. This silverware purveyor is in a league of its own. League being the perfect word for a company that has also been making luxury yachts for over a century- hosting the coveted Sterling Cup sailing championship.
- There are over 45 microns of silver plate enrobing each setting of silver- plated flatware that Robbe & Berking handcrafts. None of the processes of making their silverware is done outside the German factory.
- The more you use silver flatware the less you need to polish it. These ageless utensils will develop a patina over time, making your setting all the more unique. No wonder this flatware graces some of the most luxurious private jets in the air right now.
- Robbe & Berking is a part of a sustainable lifestyle.
- Each piece in your setting is guaranteed to be in production until 2040 so you can add to your collection at your own pace.
- Robbe & Berking is a family owned business with centuries of know-how in silver making.